Saturday, September 27, 2014

Iron and Exercise

Adding an iron supplement has certainly helped with feeling better. I am not as cold or apathetic - and am feeling like exercising more. I have ridden my bike 4 times this week for 30 minutes each. Today I actually rode in the highest gear for most of the ride.

I was a bit fatigued yesterday, but am trying to make myself ride anyway. It's not perfect yet, but better.

Additionally, I am drinking a protein shake every morning either before or after the ride. This morning I had 2 Rome apples and cashew nut butter for breakfast and a half a cup of coffee. That flushed my system before the ride and gave me lots of energy. The protein shakes seem to be helping me with muscle recovery that has been such a challenge with dermatomyositis.

Just feeling like exercising is a huge improvement! I was beginning to be concerned about the onset of depression. Exercise is key to keeping my spirits up, but have been fighting it for so long ... just not feeling it.hy

No comments:

Post a Comment